Photobucket Design Teams Tutorials

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Aussie Scrap Source Feathers Trend layout creative background step by step

Hi Guys

For this post I have done a bit of a mini step by step to show you how I created the background for this layout featured in the Aussie Scrap Source Feathers Trend post :) :) :)

I apologise that the pics are a bit yellow and grainy as I took the photos at night with not the best overhead lighting.


This is the layout [pic taken in better lighting and colour corrected :)]

Products used;

12 x 12 Chipboard background
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Cinder
Hero Arts Stamp
Black ink pad
Black 26 gauge craft wire
Black Signo gel pen

Extra kit tools;

Small soft bristle paint brush
Mister bottle with water
Clear acrylic stamping block
Heat gun
Absorbent paper towel



After stamping the image heat set it with the heat gun


Using a small paint brush paint the feather with glimmer mist and then dry with heat gun


Using the water mist bottle spray the layout background and stamped/painted image


Whilst the layout is still wet with water add splats of glimmer mist with the paint brush, by gently taping it 


 Gently dab some of the pooled water and mist with a paper towel and then apply a light spray of glimmer mist


Dry with the heat gun, and using a paper towel dabbing gently at the larger areas of pooled water and mist to absorb some of the moisture but not all, and then dry of with the heat gun


Add extra splats of glimmer mist with the paint brush to complete the 'design balance' and visual effects desired, [here I have already attached my photo, so I have protected it with a scrap of paper whilst adding extra splats of mist]

Below are some close ups of the completed layout [in better lighting and colour corrected :)]




Well that is quite simply IT! LOL :)

Cheers and Happy Scrapping

Louise :) xox

Oooh and PS, please please, if you do have a go at this technique I would love it if you would post a link to your creation so that I can enjoy your creative fun and fabness 2!!!!!!

31 comments:

  1. omgoodnes, simple yeah right this looks amazing i so adore your work, excellent tut and i think i will have a go at this, love it, thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so very much Annette :) Please do let me know if you have a go :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. You make it look so easy but I know otherwise !!!

    Love those feather stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lisa it really is that easy,...I Promise!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah-hh! We now are going to know the secrets :) Thanks a lot! Great tuto! Hugs, kissinia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kissinia, really not a lot to know about my scrappy stuff! But thank yo so very much :) I do hope to share more as I go along my creative journey :)

      Delete
  4. thanks for sharing, love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is AMAZING. so glad to see it step by step. I DO want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much DeeDee!! :) xoxo please do share when you do :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you...thank you...thank you! Now I see how you are working this...absolutely GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh sheeesh Martha you are way to kind!!! thank you! :) xox

      Delete
  7. wow awesome! only you can do it as well as you do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Faygie you are seriously way way toooo generous with all of your praise!! Thank you so very much!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love watching you create...fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool idea with the feather Louise the layout is wonderful just AWESOME... thanks heaps for sharing the how too, so kind! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Lucy Lucy!! thank you so very much!!! :) xoxoxo

      Delete
  10. *****sigh***** I bow down to you oh master! You make it look so super easy! I will give it a go, but I don't know that I'll share ;) It is so wonderful to watch you create. We simply MUST have a scrappy date in the South East in the not too distant future xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Ms Catie thank you so so very much!!! You Do Know that it is on my MUST DO list!!! :) xoxo

      Delete
  11. wow, thanks for the tutorial! this new blog of yours is great!
    although I'm still waiting (fingers crossed) for an online class I could take ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL an online class,....Im not sure I am up to that standard yet but thank you so very much!!!!! :) xx

      Delete
  12. Beautiful, Louise! So simple in that the focus is monochromatic and tight, and yet, so NOT simple when the eye is allowed to linger in the layers and dimension you've created so expertly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooooo lovely...a wonderful, magical technique, yet simple too :) Found your link on Julie's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a delightful piece... and the demo made it look easy. Clever you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea Lou, and will give it a go soon. Your class at the papercraft show was as awesome as last years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found this post from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog and I'm so glad she featured you. This is amazing! First off, I love feathers! This technique is super cool. It reminds me of the time when I worked in a B&W darkroom tweaking photos. Can't wait to have a trip through your posts....

    ReplyDelete
  17. So NOW I understand how the backgrounds get made- been trying for MONTHS. :) thank you so much for this step by step- the page is stunning- love the simplicity and movement in the page. I also swung by via Julie Fei Fan Balzer's blog but I am a regular stalker. L:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Louise; Your projects are so marvellous I have been following you some time and I admire what you can do.
    And you make it all look very simple..
    I'd like to give you an award; and I hope by that more people will see your blog and fab tutorials! If you don't
    wan't to participate I'm not sad - y meaning was just to make you happy and accnowledge your work!

    Greetings from Sweden,

    Charlotta / La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete